People enjoy late summer sun as Ipswich hits 27C in mini-heatwave
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
People have been out and about in Ipswich enjoying the late summer sunshine in Ipswich.
Children could be seen playing in the town centre water fountains as temperatures peaked at 27C.
The warm weather is set to continue tomorrow, Wednesday, September 8 with Suffolk in the midst of a mini-heatwave.
Adam Drury, from the East Anglia-based weather forecaster Weatherquest, said: "The weather around Ipswich had a maximum temperature of 27.2C today.
"Similar temperatures will be seen tomorrow but it may be a bit cooler in Ipswich by about half a degree reaching about 26C with slightly more breeze than today.
"Long spells of sunshine for the region tomorrow with the rest of the region experiencing more or less the same temperatures of today.
You may also want to watch:
"For the rest of the week it is cooling down a little bit but still highs of 25C on Thursday although there will be some thicker clouds with the chance of thunderstorms first thing on Thursday but once they clear it will leave a fairly dry afternoon.
"The weekend should be dry as well with highs of around 22C."
- 1 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 2 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 9 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 10 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024