Cold snap forecast for the weekend
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A weather warning is in place for snow and ice in the eastern region over the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for this part of the country, taking effect from Saturday and ending on Monday.
It will be noticeably colder across the whole country over the weekend, with snow and ice in some places.
By Sunday, strong easterly winds will make it feel like it is well below freezing.
For this yellow weather warning, the Met Office says to expect a small chance of travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
You may also want to watch:
There is a small chance of power cuts and a slight possibility that some rural communities could become cut off.
Untreated pavements and cycle paths may also become impassable.
- 1 Children's party reported at Needham Lake as council works to 'discourage gatherings' at beauty spot
- 2 Ipswich Town appoint Paul Cook as manager
- 3 Sentence of Ipswich man caught with indecent images is adjourned
- 4 Rise in Ipswich coronavirus cases 'a wake up call'
- 5 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 6 Vehicle slapped with 121 parking tickets as council steps up clamping
- 7 CCTV appeal after woman headbutted in convenience shop
- 8 Your chance to pay tribute to the ones we've loved and lost
- 9 Why these high schools are staggering pupils' return next week
- 10 Matchday Recap: Wilson and Norwood win it for Town
The weather warning ends at midnight on Monday.