Snow flurries hit Suffolk after week of sunny weather
- Credit: Julie Kemp
Parts of Suffolk have seen some snowfall this morning - with the cold weather set to continue.
Weather experts forecasted some snow to fall this morning, but warned it would be unlikely that it would settle given the wet surfaces.
One resident in Stowmarket pictured the snowfall in his garden this morning.
Snow has also fallen in Thorndon in Mid Suffolk today which started to settle.
Speaking previously meteorologist at the East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, Adam Dury said: "We have a band of low pressure coming in on Wednesday night and that might just turn to a sleet and snow mix on Thursday morning.
"There is a chance of some snowfall but it is likely going to be falling onto quite wet surfaces - so chance of accumulation is very low."
It will be a cold and frosty start for most but generally remaining cloudy for most of the day with some outbreaks of rain sinking southwards.
Police are also warning drivers to take care in the wintery conditions.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
In a tweet Stowmarket police said: "Please take care driving today, make sure your windscreen and other windows are fully clear before driving.
"Might be lucky enough to build a Snowman later."
Have you got any pictures of last night's snow? Share them with us at email@example.com