Boy, 4, makes epic mermaid and Olaf snow sculptures in Belstead garden
- Credit: Amanda Roper
A family in Belstead have put their creativity to the test by building a giant Olaf and a mermaid in the snow - with plans to make a Darth Vader next.
Freddie Westlake, aged four, has been out enjoying the snow brought by Storm Darcy this week, building a mermaid and an Olaf sculpture with the help of his parents in his back garden.
He is one of many youngsters who have been busy making sculptures out of the snow in Suffolk, with hundreds of families building igloos and other designs.
With the help of his mum Amanda Roper and dad Leigh Westlake, Freddie spent almost three hours creating the mermaid sculpture.
Amanda said: "Our friends challenged us to a mermaid competition and this is what we came up with.
You may also want to watch:
"It's human-size and was just a bit of fun to create.
"We are hoping if we can get enough snow together that we can build a Darth Vader head, as Freddie is loving it."
- 1 Man taken to hospital after serious incident in Ipswich
- 2 Shotley Gate missing woman found "alive and well"
- 3 Man suffers 'puncture wounds' in Ellenbrook Green fight
- 4 Ipswich visitors fined after 60-mile trip to Sea Palling in Norfolk
- 5 All homes with school-aged children to get two Covid tests per week
- 6 Ipswich Town sack manager Paul Lambert
- 7 Police won't say what happened in Ellenbrook Road, Ipswich - 14 hours after 'incident'
- 8 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 9 Ipswich police officer attempts 2,222 push-ups in 22 hours for good cause
- 10 Town striker fails to get drink-drive trial moved for 'work commitments'