Boy, 4, makes epic mermaid and Olaf snow sculptures in Belstead garden
- Credit: Amanda Roper
A family in Belstead have put their creativity to the test by building a giant Olaf and a mermaid in the snow - with plans to make a Darth Vader next.
Freddie Westlake, aged four, has been out enjoying the snow brought by Storm Darcy this week, building a mermaid and an Olaf sculpture with the help of his parents in his back garden.
He is one of many youngsters who have been busy making sculptures out of the snow in Suffolk, with hundreds of families building igloos and other designs.
With the help of his mum Amanda Roper and dad Leigh Westlake, Freddie spent almost three hours creating the mermaid sculpture.
Amanda said: "Our friends challenged us to a mermaid competition and this is what we came up with.
You may also want to watch:
"It's human-size and was just a bit of fun to create.
"We are hoping if we can get enough snow together that we can build a Darth Vader head, as Freddie is loving it."
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal