Dramatic pictures show shelf cloud over Suffolk as storms set in
- Credit: Andy Bowes
Dramatic pictures have shown incredible cloud formations during a stormy night in the Suffolk skies.
Photographers were out across the county on Monday night to capture the moment as thick grey clouds rolled across the sky.
The thundery conditions were mostly seen in the west of the county, although dark shelf clouds and gust fronts were also seen over the Ravenswood area of Ipswich.
More thundery conditions are set to come – with forecasters warning of thunderstorms on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said: "It is going to be a largely dry morning before the chance of thunderstorms from midday onwards.
You may also want to watch:
"Not everywhere will see thunder, but much of the county will likely see some heavy rain. There's a chance of further thunderstorms on Wednesday afternoon too."
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal