Weather forecast for August bank holiday weekend in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Warm weather is expected for Suffolk over the bank holiday weekend - but forecasters say there will be no heatwave.
The region will stay mostly dry over the three-day break, with many people planning days out for the weekend.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: "Saturday and Sunday, there will be highs of around 20C with dry conditions and a bit of sunshine."
However, the spokesman also said there is no chance of a heatwave - with temperatures set to remain cool into next week.
"Temperatures for the following week might at best get to 22C, which is nowhere close to where it needs to be to be classed as a heatwave," he said.
"For us in the east, we are going to be at least 7C to 8C below.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be pretty dry next week with a little bit of drizzle here and there, but no real quantity of rainfall.
"Chances are, with this dry weather, we are likely to be quite a way below the average for rainfall in August."
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Town centre delays following accident
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 8 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 9 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?