'Scattering of showers' expected across Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Weather forecasters predict a wet and windy weekend in Suffolk and Essex - but the rain is set to make way for sunshine next week.
Saturday is set for a dry and cloudy start, with the rain expected to start to fall from around noon.
There will be similar conditions on Sunday, but Monday will bring a small chance of thunderstorms in the evening.
The poor conditions are set to end by Tuesday, as temperatures reach highs of 24C in the middle of next week.
Chris Bell, of East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said: "Tomorrow through much of the morning it will be mostly dry. We will see a scattering of showers from lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
"Sunday will be a similar story - in the afternoon there is another risk of rain.
"It'll be a bit drier next week. I suspected that by Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday there will be drier conditions."
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 8 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 9 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?