Heavy rain and 55mph winds forecast to hit Suffolk today
Heavy rain and winds of up to 55mph are expected to batter Suffolk today, after a relatively warm weekend.
Despite the chance of odd sunny spells, winds of up to 55mph are expected for some parts of Suffolk.
Fred Best from the East Anglia-based weather forecasters Weatherquest said: "Today will start cloudy and wet, as a band of heavy rain spreads eastwards before easing in the afternoon.
"Though there will still be the small chance of one or two showers in the west, which could be on the heavy side as well.
"There will be strong winds with gusts of up to 55mph with the small chance of isolated showers in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"For Tuesday it will be a dry and fairly bright start to the day with cloud slowly increasing from the west and the day progresses with the chance of showers in the afternoon ahead of rain arriving later in the evening.
"It will be another breezy day feeling cool with highs of 16 to 18 degrees.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
"On Wednesday any lingering rain will clear leaving a dry day with variable amounts of cloud and sunny spells although a few isolated showers are expected especially around the coasts."