Warm weather set to continue with possible highs of 27C
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The warm weather is set to continue over the coming days - and we could see highs of 27C across Suffolk.
However, those looking for a heatwave will be disappointed as it has been confirmed that it is very unlikely to happen in the region.
A heatwave is when the temperatures exceed 27C for three continuous days during the day time.
Although there will be no heatwave across Suffolk, temperatures are expected to be 5% higher than average for this time of year.
A spokesperson for Weatherquest, the East Anglian-based forecasters, said: "It does not really get anywhere near the threshold, but it might get close to the temperature for one day.
You may also want to watch:
"The temperatures might reach the 27C tomorrow, and it will likely be in Santon Downham, but that will just be for the one day as it is expected to be cooler on Thursday."
It is expected to get warmer again over the weekend with some Santon Downham expected to reach 26/27C for two days.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal