Weather and travel: Overcast and warm with light showers
Suffolk will be overcast today with light showers covering the county later this afternoon and early evening.
Despite the absence of yesterday’s sushine - which was much welcomed across the UK after months of dull, dark winter - there will be brief periods of brightness and the temperature will remain relatively warm.
It is expected to peak at 11C and go no lower than 9C tonight.
But don’t be fooled by the mild temperatures - umbrellas will be needed across the county when light showers turn into heavy rain later this evening.
Meanwhile, drivers travelling on the A14 this morning are being warned to take a different route or allow plenty of time to reach their destination.
You may also want to watch:
The westbound lane is blocked on exit slip road at junction 52, B1113 (Claydon), due to a broken down lorry.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today