Weather forecast for Friday and Saturday
- Credit: PA
Watch the latest Met Office forecast for today and Saturday, with showers and colder temperatures expected.
TODAY (East of England)
Outbreaks of rain are expected to continue through the morning for many, and could be persistent in places. By the afternoon some drier intervals are possible, with a few sunny intervals developing. However further showers cannot be ruled out. Maximum temperature 7C (44.6F).
Largely dry at first, with clear spells developing, and perhaps some patchy frost or fog developing. However cloud then increases from the north around dawn, with the odd shower possible. Minimum temperature 0C (32F).
A rather cloudy morning, with occasional outbreaks of rain, and brisk northeasterly winds developing. Some brighter spells are possible later, with the best of any sunshine in the north. Maximum temperature 6C (42.8F).
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
SUNDAY TO TUESDAY
Cold Sunday, with largely unbroken sunshine and brisk northeasterly winds. Cold again Monday, and windy, however turning cloudier, especially towards the south. Remaining cold and cloudy Tuesday, but mostly dry.