Temperatures set to soar across Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Temperatures could top 30C this weekend as summer truly arrives in Suffolk.
It's a cloudy start to Friday but forecasters are predicting a warm weekend across the region with Saturday set to see the best of the weather.
Conditions should brighten as the day goes on, on Friday with sunny spells arriving at lunchtime along with temperatures of 19C.
However, it is Saturday where things look set to hot up.
"It is still looking like it should stay dry right the way through the weekend," said Weatherquest forecaster Fred Best.
Mr Best said there was a small chance of a light shower on Sunday evening but that most areas would stay dry.
In terms of temperatures he said that the further west you are in the region the higher the mercury is likely to rise.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 9 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 10 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
Inland we could see temperatures of 31, 32 or 33C, meaning that Saturday could be one of the hottest days so far this year.
In coastal areas this temperature is likely to drop, however, to around 23 or 24C.
Sunday will see temperatures drop to between 20 - 23C.
Looking ahead to next week temperatures will cool off a little bit more but will still be reasonably warm.
On Monday temperatures are expected to reach 21 or 22C and will remain in the high teens or low 20s for the rest of the week.