Weather warning still in place as rain and snow form icy patches on untreated surfaces
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk arose to another dusting of snow this morning – and the white stuff looks set to be supplanted by the wet stuff in coming days.
Yet a yellow weather warning remains in place for Saturday morning as earlier spells of rain and snow leave icy patches on untreated surfaces.
The recent spell of recurrent snowfall is due to ease up this weekend, with Saturday becoming increasingly milder than the freezing temperatures of the last few days.
The wind will also drop as Saturday progresses, while early patches of light sleet or snow will gradually make way for outbreaks of light rain.
Generally cloudy and icy conditions will prevail, leaving driving conditions difficult in places.
Mist and low cloud will develop into the night as outbreaks of mostly light rain continue. Icy conditions on the ground will persist, due to compacted snow.
Showers or longer spells of rain are expected for Sunday, while the start of next week looks milder and less windy than of late, but coupled with more rain.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts