Weather warning still in place as rain and snow form icy patches on untreated surfaces
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk arose to another dusting of snow this morning – and the white stuff looks set to be supplanted by the wet stuff in coming days.
Yet a yellow weather warning remains in place for Saturday morning as earlier spells of rain and snow leave icy patches on untreated surfaces.
The recent spell of recurrent snowfall is due to ease up this weekend, with Saturday becoming increasingly milder than the freezing temperatures of the last few days.
The wind will also drop as Saturday progresses, while early patches of light sleet or snow will gradually make way for outbreaks of light rain.
Generally cloudy and icy conditions will prevail, leaving driving conditions difficult in places.
You may also want to watch:
Mist and low cloud will develop into the night as outbreaks of mostly light rain continue. Icy conditions on the ground will persist, due to compacted snow.
Showers or longer spells of rain are expected for Sunday, while the start of next week looks milder and less windy than of late, but coupled with more rain.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 6 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 7 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge