Warning for strong winds this weekend in Suffolk as cold and rain forecast
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A weather warning for wind has been issued in parts of Suffolk for this coming weekend as forecasters predict chilly temperatures and rain showers.
The Met Office has issued a yellow wind warning for northern Suffolk, including Mildenhall, Beccles and Lowestoft, while gusts are expected elsewhere in the county.
Temperatures are likely to fall by the weekend, with highs of 5C on Saturday and 6C on Sunday, while rain is expected over both days.
But there are still no signs of snow — with East Anglian forecasters Weatherquest predicting a cold weekend with icy conditions.
Meteorologist Adam Dury said: "Snow is not very likely. There is potential for it but, for most of the region, the main risk will be ice.
"It will be the temperatures you expect at this time of the year in late autumn. The likelihood is that there'll be more rain falling than anything else."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard