Suffolk weather forecast: Thunderstorms and heavy rain expected
- Credit: citizenside.com
Thunderstorms could hit Suffolk and north Essex later today, with the Met Office issuing a weather warning.
The yellow-level alert is in place between noon and 9pm today as heavy, slow-moving downpours develop.
Some places will miss these but other places could see a deluge of 10-22mm in a short space of time, with 20-40mm falling over two to three hours in a few places.
There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
There is also a chance that some communities could become cut off by flooded roads.
You may also want to watch:
Power cuts are also likely to occur during the thunderstorms as well.
The showers are expected to subside during the evening.
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Town centre delays following accident
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 8 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 9 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?