Yellow weather warning for ice as temperatures set to tumble
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning for ice has been put in place for much of Suffolk with temperatures set to fall below zero.
The warning is in place between 11pm this evening until 10am on Christmas Day with forecasters predicting icy conditions on Suffolk's roads.
The warning mostly covers west Suffolk, with areas to the east of the A14 avoiding the coldest temperatures.
The Met Office said there could be icy patches which will lead to some difficult driving conditions.
They say some injuries could be caused by slips and falls on icy surfaces and there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.
You may also want to watch:
Another weather warning for strong winds is also in place from 3pm on Boxing day.
The Met Office says that "very windy weather" is expected for parts of England leading to disruption to transport and utilities.
- 1 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 2 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 3 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 4 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 8 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 9 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
The warning ends at Midday on December 27.