Wedding drink ended in bus shelter crash
A MAN who crashed a car into a Bramford bus stop after drinking at his auntie's wedding has been banned from driving.Car insurance salesman Adam Wood admitted drinking one-and-a-half pints of lager and a glass of champagne at the wedding reception.
A MAN who crashed a car into a Bramford bus stop after drinking at his auntie's wedding has been banned from driving.
Car insurance salesman Adam Wood admitted drinking one-and-a-half pints of lager and a glass of champagne at the wedding reception.
South-East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard Wood demolished the brick built bus stop. But, luckily, there was no one waiting when he smashed into it on Saturday evening.
Prosecutor Gareth Weston said Wood, 21, of Gippingstone Road, Bramford, was driving along Bramford Road at 8.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
He said Wood lost control at the junction with Paper Mill Lane and crashed into the bus stop.
Mr Weston said police analysed skid marks at the scene and concluded Wood must have been speeding.
- 1 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 4 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
He was breath-tested at the scene and found to be over the legal alcohol limit.
Wood, who was not represented in court, told magistrates he had no idea he was over the limit and apologised for the incident.
He said he had been celebrating his auntie's wedding and had borrowed a friend's Vauxhall Cavalier to go home.
Wood was returning to the reception after changing his clothes when the accident happened.
He called the police straight away using his mobile phone and waited at the scene for them to arrive.
Magistrates banned Wood from driving for 12 months and fined him £200. He was also ordered to pay £35 costs.