Wedding drink ended in bus shelter crash
A MAN who crashed a car into a Bramford bus stop after drinking at his auntie's wedding has been banned from driving.Car insurance salesman Adam Wood admitted drinking one-and-a-half pints of lager and a glass of champagne at the wedding reception.
A MAN who crashed a car into a Bramford bus stop after drinking at his auntie's wedding has been banned from driving.
Car insurance salesman Adam Wood admitted drinking one-and-a-half pints of lager and a glass of champagne at the wedding reception.
South-East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard Wood demolished the brick built bus stop. But, luckily, there was no one waiting when he smashed into it on Saturday evening.
Prosecutor Gareth Weston said Wood, 21, of Gippingstone Road, Bramford, was driving along Bramford Road at 8.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
He said Wood lost control at the junction with Paper Mill Lane and crashed into the bus stop.
Mr Weston said police analysed skid marks at the scene and concluded Wood must have been speeding.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
He was breath-tested at the scene and found to be over the legal alcohol limit.
Wood, who was not represented in court, told magistrates he had no idea he was over the limit and apologised for the incident.
He said he had been celebrating his auntie's wedding and had borrowed a friend's Vauxhall Cavalier to go home.
Wood was returning to the reception after changing his clothes when the accident happened.
He called the police straight away using his mobile phone and waited at the scene for them to arrive.
Magistrates banned Wood from driving for 12 months and fined him £200. He was also ordered to pay £35 costs.