Weekend disruption to rail services
TRAIN passengers are set to face disruption to their journeys this Bank Holiday weekend.There will be changes to train services operated by rail operator 'one' due to various engineering work projects being carried out by Network Rail over the weekend.
TRAIN passengers are set to face disruption to their journeys this Bank Holiday weekend.
There will be changes to train services operated by rail operator 'one' due to various engineering work projects being carried out by Network Rail over the weekend.
Engineering work taking place between Gidea Park and Chelmsford will mean that services between London and Chelmsford/Witham/Colchester will be replaced by buses between Romford and Chelmsford, operating to a revised timetable between Liverpool Street and Romford.
Connecting trains will run between Chelmsford and Colchester/Clacton/Ipswich.
Shuttle train services will operate on the Braintree (between Witham and Braintree) and Harwich (between Manningtree and Harwich) branches.
Mainline Intercity services between London and Colchester/Ipswich/Norwich will be replaced by buses between Liverpool Street and Colchester.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
Due to engineering work taking place between Peterborough and Bury St. Edmunds, Ipswich to Peterborough services will be replaced by buses between these stations.
On Bank Holiday Monday, train services on all 'one' routes will run as a Sunday service.
A spokesman for the company said 'one' and Network Rail apologises for any inconvenience caused by these works and advised customers to check amended timetable information at stations.
Alternatively they can visit the website at www.onerailway.com or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.