Were you caught by our April Fool this morning!?
- Credit: Archant
As plenty of people may have guessed, our story this morning about the Royal George introducing lickable menus is an April Fool.
Were you fooled by the fake news!? Here’s what we reported earlier:
If you’ve ever found it difficult to choose what to have on a menu, the Royal George in Colchester Road has the answer.
The Flaming Grill pub, known for its flame-grilled steaks and epic food challenges, has launched the world’s first ‘scratch and lick’ menu.
Flavour experts from the Ipswich pub teamed up with food scientists and engineers to develop the new LickTech technology, which helps guests to taste their food before they order.
New items on the menu include barbecue marinated double dipped rib-eye steak, five flavour chicken skewers and the pub’s newest challenge dish, the mother clucker sandwich.
The menus also include a specially created Sani-safe coating, meaning that they are free from germs within five seconds of being licked.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 9 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
General manager at the Royal George Nicola Barter said: “We’ve all been there, everyone’s ready to order and you just can’t decide what to have.
“Even worse, you place the order, the food arrives and food envy immediately sets in.
“We’ve been working on the technology to allow guests to effectively try before they buy for a number of years now, and with our new menu having a wider range of flavours than ever before, we felt that now was the time to reveal the new offering to help guests make more informed decisions.”
New menus will be available at the pub from today.
Visit their website to find out more.