Man suffers serious injuries in crash involving scaffolding truck
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has been left with serious injuries after he was rushed to hospital following a crash between a car and a scaffolding truck.
The crash happened on Saturday, November 2 at around 12.25pm at the cross roads junction of Westerfield Road, Lower Road and Church Lane in Westerfield.
An air ambulance attended the scene and took the driver of the Ford, a man in his 80s, to Addenbrooke's Hospital for treatment to head injuries and serious cuts and bruises.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it had sent three fire crews to the scene - one from Ipswich East and two from Princes Street.
Suffolk police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
They are asking anyone who was travelling in the area at the relevant time, and witnessed the collision, to contact police quoting CAD reference 159 of November 2.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park