Forecasters say up to 40mm of rain could fall as hot and wet April ends
- Credit: Archant
It will be more than April showers – with a month’s worth of rain set to fall in just 30 hours.
Weather forecasters say that after a wet start to the month, a dry and hot middle, the end is expected to be very wet indeed.
Dan Holley, forecaster at Weatherquest, said that some parts of the region had a month’s worth of rain in four days at the start of the month – and could end it with the same amount in just 30 hours.
He said rain is expected to start this afternoon and continue until Tuesday morning.
East of the M11, he said, there would be 30mm to 40mm.
Meanwhile, the Environment Agency in East Anglia issued a warning on Twitter urging people to stay safe in the heavy downpours.
They said: “We urge people to stay safe on the coast – take extreme care on coastal paths and promenades, and don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger trying to take ‘selfies’.”
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
Flood warnings have been issued in parts of Norfolk and Suffolk.