What am I doing? asks Jimmy Bullard as he enters I’m a Celebrity jungle
- Credit: PA
Former ITFC midfielder Jimmy Bullard confirmed his reputation as a joker last night as the latest series of I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here kicked off.
Bullard was the fourth contestant to be introduced and quickly revealed his favourite prank - putting Ralgex in someone’s toothpaste, before sitting back to watch the effect.
The ex Portman Road star also told the audience that the highlight of his career was getting into the England squad aged 29 and added: “That was my proudest moment.”
Bullard is joined in the jungle by newsreader Michael Burke, TOWIE star Gemma Collins and rapper Tinchy Stryder as they battle for survival - and the public’s vote.
As they met for the first time last night, the contestants discussed their fears and Burke said of Bullard: “He was a midfielder, he has hacked down so many people, he has no fear.”
But Bullard disagreed.
Later, as Melanie Sykes was introduced to the group, Bullard admitted he had fancied her in his younger days.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Five popular eateries that have opened in Ipswich so far this year
The 10 celebrities were split into two groups, with one group spending an extra night in a luxury hotel, and the remaining contestants sent straight into the jungle slammer to begin their ordeal early.
Bullard remained at the hotel and was seen drinking with his fellow celebs before joining the rescue squad.
As he was about to enter the jungle he admitted he is terrified of rats, snakes and other jungle critters and said: “What am I doing?”
He was teamed with the woman that he once held a candle for in his first challenge - putting his hand in a bucket of crabs and other animals to pick out tokens - but Bullard cheated and let Sykes do most of the fishing.
Were you watching? What did you think of Bullard?