What can you remember about the history of Ipswich Hospital?
- Credit: Archant
We are well into our A-Z of Ipswich history now. In today’s instalment we are taking a look back at Ipswich Hospital over the past 40 years.
Some very happy faces are seen here as winners collect their prizes at the hospital ball.
Here we are going back to 1966. This group shot shows staff present at the Hospital Prize Day.
Ipswich Hospital has employed thousands of nurses, doctors, cleaners, first aiders and admin staff over its 106 year history. It’s one of the biggest employers in Ipswich.
This image shows music from the Ipswich Hospital Fete keeping audiences entertained and spirits high.
The yearly fete’s at the hospital helped raise charitable donations that were put back into the upkeep and quality of the building.
The Heath Road hospital holds approximately 800 beds and has treated millions of patients since doors opened back in 1910.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
In 2014 the trust was the fifth best in England on the target of seeing 95% of people who attend accident and emergency departments within four hours.
This shows a reunion of hard working and devoted nurses back in 1986 - were you one of them?
And our final image today shows a teddy bear presentation held on the children’s ward at the hospital back in 1986.
Send us any images or memories you have of working or visiting Ipswich Hospital.