What changes is Ipswich Borough Council making to its bin collections over the festive period?
- Credit: Gregg Brown
People in Ipswich are being advised of changes to the brown bin collections over Christmas.
Ipswich Borough Council is not collecting them between December 26 and January 6 because it will be focussing on clearing up the extra waste generated by Christmas festivities.
An IBC spokesman said: “Paper, plastic, present wrappings and boxes all add to the load whereas the brown bins are under-used over the festive period.
”Brown bin collections will resume on Tuesday, January 10.”
The authority is also asking people not to put out their brown bins outside these dates unless they are more than half full.
The spokesman added: “It would be easier for residents – and for our waste collection teams – if they wait until their brown bins are more than half full. This will help us improve the efficiency of the collections.
Black and blue bin collections will also be different over the festive period.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
A leaflet is being delivered to every household in Ipswich next month.