Have you been to Beach Street this weekend?
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A family fun day took place at Felixstowe today to celebrate the first weekend of Beach Street opening - a new attraction created using disused shipping containers from the port.
Located in Sea Road, the new attraction offers a unique collection of shops and food outlets close to the seafront.
There is live music from MJSoul, Phaze 2 and Adam Thomas until 6pm today.
There have also been fitness demonstrations, a bouncy castle, and trampolines plus a climbing wall.
There is also street art from Wings, Octopus, and Peddly Steve, who is making quirky items out of wood.
You may also want to watch:
Food options at the new venue include 'dirty' vegan food, New York style pizzas and macaroni cheese.
Families flocked to Beach Street today, making the most of the sunny weather.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid