What to do in Ipswich and elsewhere in Suffolk this weekend
Looking for a family day out, something to entertain younger children or a chance to get some fresh air? Our weekly days out guide brings you suggestions for family activities to entertain various age groups throughout the weekend.
See our guide for Saturday, January 21 and Sunday, January 22 here.
Storymaker - Big Story at the New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich - Saturday, 12pm
Aimed at children aged five and six, this is the latest in a series of storytime events at the theatre.
Parents can stay downstairs in the New Wolsey Café Bar while youngsters head upstairs to meet the Storymaker for an amazing adventure, or an exciting escapade.
You may also want to watch:
Parents, siblings and even grandparents are welcome to listen to the session but they will be called upon to join in the fun.
These sessions are free however, you need to book tickets for children only online hereMovies for Juniors, Cineworld, Ipswich - Saturday and Sunday, from 10am
If your children have yet to try out the big screen then this could be the perfect introduction and for older children, it is a chance to see movies you may have missed last year.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
Trolls, Kubo and the Two Strings and Robinson Crusoe are all playing this weekend and tickets are priced at just £2.50 when you buy in advance online.
A bargain morning out no matter what the weather.
Family float session at Crown Pools, Ipswich - Saturday and Sunday 10.30am to 11.30am and 2pm to 3pm
Take a dip this weekend and burn off some of that excess energy at Crown Pools,
The floats will be out in the leisure pool to add some extra fun to the session.
Entry to the pool costs £4.10 for adults, £2.90 for children and are free for under threes.
Wassail ceremony, Beyond the Wall, The Walled Garden, Thornham Magna - Saturday 12.30pm to 3pm
Head along to the Wassail Ceremony and take your drums, rattles and whistles for a fundraising event to raise money for plants for the new public garden opening later this year.
There will be live music, devilled sausages or chilli served with crusty bread (vegetarian option available by prior request) which you can enjoy with mulled cider or spiced apple juice. This fundraiser is for new plants in our formal garden as we are hoping to open to the public in 2017.
Tickets are £6.50 for adults and £4.50 for under 14s.
Call 01379 788799 to book.