When is Shrove Tuesday, commonly known as Pancake Day, celebrated?
Pancake day falls on Tuesday, February 17 this year and we have the perfect pancake recipe to share with you.
Observed by Christians, Shrove Tuesday comes the day before Ash Wednesday and is determined by when Easter is.
It is traditionally the day when people indulge in food that they then sacrifice for the 40 days of lent - it is a last chance to use up the supplies in your store cupboard.
But just what is the perfect pancake recipe? Give this a try or share your own tips below.
You may also want to watch:
• 100g plain flour
• 300ml of milk
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall
• Two large eggs
• A pinch of salt
• Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl or jug and whisk together until they form a smooth batter
• Set aside for at least half an hour
• Once rested, heat your pan over the hob
• Use a small amount of oil to fry the pancakes, to ensure the pan is covered but not too greasy, wipe with oiled kitchen paper
• Fry pancakes for around one minute each side - you may need to lift the edges to prevent them sticking
• Serve with your prefered topping
What is your favourite pancake topping?