When is Shrove Tuesday, commonly known as Pancake Day, celebrated?
Pancake day falls on Tuesday, February 17 this year and we have the perfect pancake recipe to share with you.
Observed by Christians, Shrove Tuesday comes the day before Ash Wednesday and is determined by when Easter is.
It is traditionally the day when people indulge in food that they then sacrifice for the 40 days of lent - it is a last chance to use up the supplies in your store cupboard.
But just what is the perfect pancake recipe? Give this a try or share your own tips below.
• 100g plain flour
• 300ml of milk
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
• Two large eggs
• A pinch of salt
• Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl or jug and whisk together until they form a smooth batter
• Set aside for at least half an hour
• Once rested, heat your pan over the hob
• Use a small amount of oil to fry the pancakes, to ensure the pan is covered but not too greasy, wipe with oiled kitchen paper
• Fry pancakes for around one minute each side - you may need to lift the edges to prevent them sticking
• Serve with your prefered topping
What is your favourite pancake topping?