When is the next Bank Holiday in 2015?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There are eight Bank Holidays each year in the UK - three over the Christmas period, two at Easter, two in May and the summer Bank Holiday in August.
The next Bank Holiday is not until Monday, August 31 - the summer Bank Holiday is particularly late in 2015, coming just a matter of days before many schools return for the autumn term.
Christmas 2015 falls on a Friday, meaning many workers will get another four-day weekend, with Monday, December 28 decreed a Bank Holiday in lieu of Boxing Day, which falls on the Saturday.
New year’s Day 2016 falls on a Friday, making it a three-day weekend for many.
Easter 2016 falls early, with Easter Sunday on March 27, making Friday, March 25 and Monday, March 28 Bank Holidays.
You may also want to watch:
The early May Bank Holiday, May Day, is on Monday, May 2 and the spring Bank Holiday takes place on Monday, May 30. Then there is a three-month wait until the summer Bank Holiday in August.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store