When is the next Bank Holiday in 2015?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There are eight Bank Holidays each year in the UK - three over the Christmas period, two at Easter, two in May and the summer Bank Holiday in August.
The next Bank Holiday is not until Monday, August 31 - the summer Bank Holiday is particularly late in 2015, coming just a matter of days before many schools return for the autumn term.
Christmas 2015 falls on a Friday, meaning many workers will get another four-day weekend, with Monday, December 28 decreed a Bank Holiday in lieu of Boxing Day, which falls on the Saturday.
New year’s Day 2016 falls on a Friday, making it a three-day weekend for many.
Easter 2016 falls early, with Easter Sunday on March 27, making Friday, March 25 and Monday, March 28 Bank Holidays.
You may also want to watch:
The early May Bank Holiday, May Day, is on Monday, May 2 and the spring Bank Holiday takes place on Monday, May 30. Then there is a three-month wait until the summer Bank Holiday in August.
- 1 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 2 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 3 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 4 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 5 More than 500 pupils test positive for Covid since start of term
- 6 Chris Louis big Q&A: What now for the Witches? What now for speedway?
- 7 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder 'remains under investigation'
- 8 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 9 Man sent obscene online messages to two 'decoy' schoolgirls while on drugs
- 10 Trinity Park fireworks festival to return after successful first year