When the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car visited Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Massive crowds in Ipswich gathered to see the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car at Co-Op and Penshurst Road.
Crowds filled the streets in the Penshurst Road area, close to the Co-op, with everyone wanting to get a glimpse of the famous car following the release of the 1968 British musical adventure fantasy film, which starred Dick Van Dyke, Sally Ann Howes, Lionel Jeffries and many others.
Six cars were created for the film, including a fully functional car with registration GEN 11.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will bring fond childhood memories for many, thanks to many songs and characters in the film including Caractacus Potts and Truly Scrumptious.
The film has also been transformed into a hit stage musical.
You may also want to watch:
Do you remember when Chitty Chitty Bang Bang visited Ipswich? To share your memories and pictures with us by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours