Wherstead Road temporary traffic lights cause long delays
- Credit: ARCHANT
Temporary traffic lights in Wherstead Road are causing long traffic delays.
The lights, which are mediating traffic near to roadworks being run by UK Power Networks, have caused delays all day in Ipswich, with cars having to wait either side for drivers travelling in the opposing direction.
The works are located near to Wherstead Autos, halfway in between the Hawes Street roundabout and the roundabout with the A137 and B1456.
UK Power Networks said the work is to install a new electricity supply for a new customer.
The majority of the works are taking place on the pavement to the side of the road. However the works are spilling onto the street, therefore needing the traffic lights.
You may also want to watch:
The works are due to end on Monday, November 3 if all goes to schedule.
Drivers have reported long delays on the road while they wait to be let through the lights. The lights are due to be in place during rush hour this evening.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 9 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 10 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres