White van driver accosts 11-year-old boy
AN 11-year-old boy was accosted by scarred van driver who followed him as he walked near a pond.
AN 11-year-old boy was accosted by a scarred van driver who followed him as he walked near a pond.
Police have appealed for information following the incident in Spindle Road, Haverhill, between 5.05pm and 5.20pm on Monday.
A police spokeswoman said: “The boy was walking along Spindle Road away from the newt pond when a large van approached him at speed from the direction of the pond.
“The van pulled up on the kerb in front of the boy, and the male driver got out and chased the boy into Honeysuckle Close.
“The boy continued running and the man was not seen after that.”
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 4 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 5 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 8 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
The van driver is described as white, slim and of muscular build, 6ft tall, 40-years-old with short brown hair with a scar and a scab on his face.
He wore a black jumper with a zip, brown or black tracksuit bottoms and brown boots. His van was large, white, dented with a chain and padlock on the back doors and lights on the roof.
Anybody with information should contact Pc Dan Steel on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.