Will you marry mummy? Ipswich girl’s plea to dad this Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Children ask a lot of questions, but there is one particularly poignant one that comes up on a regular basis in Anna Jordan’s home.
Four-year-old Ellie is desperate to see her parents walk up the aisle together and regularly asks: “When are mummy and daddy getting married?”
Anna, 24, met partner Stephen Mills more than seven years ago and is also keen to tie the knot.
She said: “I knew instantly that he was the one, I have been through a lot of hard times in my life and I was all over the place when I was younger but I feel settled now.
“I love him so much, we have four children together and hopefully we will be together for the rest of our lives so I think it is time we got married.”
The family live in Campbell Road, Ipswich, and Anna works as a carer while Stephen looks after Ellie, Lily, three, Mikey, two, and nine-month-old Harry.
Anna is immensely proud of her family and last week sent a Valentine’s message to her beloved via our website.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
She wrote: “Stephen you are my one and only, you’ve helped me get through very hard times in my life and given me the best times too.
“We have four lovely children together and like Ellie says ‘Are mummy and daddy getting married next year?’
“Babe I love you with all my heart and more please say ‘yes’ and marry me.”
This Valentine’s Day the couple will celebrate in their favourite way.
“We don’t go out much because we don’t have babysitters, so we will be at home with the children,” said Anna.
“We usually buy each other a card and chocolates, or sometimes he buys me flowers, and he gets the children to bring them in to me.”
But will her beloved ever take that next step and make an honest woman of her?
“I think it will happen one day, I keep talking about, and he does say he will when he is ready.”