Will Young sports Blues shirt
IS Pop Idol Will Young backing the Blues?That was the question that had the football world – or at least the East Anglian part of it – intrigued today.
IS Pop Idol Will Young backing the Blues?
That was the question that had the football world - or at least the East Anglian part of it - intrigued today.
The superstar appeared at rehearsals for the weekend VE Day festival concert wearing an Ipswich Town T-shirt.
And it was not just any Town T-shirt, but one specially printed to mark the club's Wembley triumph in 2000.
But the silken-voiced pop star's football allegiances remained a mystery today.
His agent, Bob Gold said: "Will is from Devon, so Ipswich isn't his local team or anything like that - and I'm not aware that he's ever expressed any interest in the team."
- 1 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 2 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 7 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 8 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 9 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 10 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
With no obvious reason for the young hearthrob to be supporting the Tractor Boys, it could just be that he liked the shirt.
There were whispers that he had actually borrowed the shirt from a housemate.
But we don't mind too much and would be more than happy to welcome young Will to support the Super Blues at any time.
Will played at Ipswich's Regent Theatre last year and gave no hint of being a secret Town fan - although he did say he was enjoying his visit to Suffolk!
At Portman Road no one was aware that Will had any connection with the club - but they said he would be welcome to join fans singing along over the next three matches.
A spokesman said today: "If Will wants to cheer the club on through the play-offs I'm sure we could arrange a ticket for him!"
n. Have you spotted any other famous faces in a Town shirt? Write to the Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com.