Will Young sports Blues shirt
IS Pop Idol Will Young backing the Blues?That was the question that had the football world – or at least the East Anglian part of it – intrigued today.
IS Pop Idol Will Young backing the Blues?
That was the question that had the football world - or at least the East Anglian part of it - intrigued today.
The superstar appeared at rehearsals for the weekend VE Day festival concert wearing an Ipswich Town T-shirt.
And it was not just any Town T-shirt, but one specially printed to mark the club's Wembley triumph in 2000.
You may also want to watch:
But the silken-voiced pop star's football allegiances remained a mystery today.
His agent, Bob Gold said: "Will is from Devon, so Ipswich isn't his local team or anything like that - and I'm not aware that he's ever expressed any interest in the team."
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
With no obvious reason for the young hearthrob to be supporting the Tractor Boys, it could just be that he liked the shirt.
There were whispers that he had actually borrowed the shirt from a housemate.
But we don't mind too much and would be more than happy to welcome young Will to support the Super Blues at any time.
Will played at Ipswich's Regent Theatre last year and gave no hint of being a secret Town fan - although he did say he was enjoying his visit to Suffolk!
At Portman Road no one was aware that Will had any connection with the club - but they said he would be welcome to join fans singing along over the next three matches.
A spokesman said today: "If Will wants to cheer the club on through the play-offs I'm sure we could arrange a ticket for him!"
n. Have you spotted any other famous faces in a Town shirt? Write to the Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com.