Windows smashed at football grounds
VANDALS caused more than £3000 worth of damage after windows were smashed at Ipswich Town Football Club grounds.Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened some time between 8pm on Friday, September 7, and 8.30pm today.
VANDALS caused more than £3000 worth of damage after windows were smashed at Ipswich Town Football Club grounds.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened some time between 8pm on Friday, September 7, and 8.30am today .
Three windows on the third floor of the stadium building, facing Sir Alf Ramsey Way, were hit by a weapon of some kind but as they were made of reinforced glass, the windows stayed intact. They are valued at £3000.
Ipswich Town Football Club liaised with the police and the road has been cordoned off for safety reasons.
A spokeswoman for ITFC said: “The windows have been criminally damaged and we reported it to police.
“The road was closed because we did not want any shards of glass falling on anyone. We will have the cranes coming tomorrow to remove the panes and replace them. The road should be reopened after that.”
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 7 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 8 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 9 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
If you have any information about the incident, call Pc Stordy at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.