Windows smashed at football grounds
VANDALS caused more than £3000 worth of damage after windows were smashed at Ipswich Town Football Club grounds.Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened some time between 8pm on Friday, September 7, and 8.30pm today.
VANDALS caused more than £3000 worth of damage after windows were smashed at Ipswich Town Football Club grounds.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened some time between 8pm on Friday, September 7, and 8.30am today .
Three windows on the third floor of the stadium building, facing Sir Alf Ramsey Way, were hit by a weapon of some kind but as they were made of reinforced glass, the windows stayed intact. They are valued at £3000.
Ipswich Town Football Club liaised with the police and the road has been cordoned off for safety reasons.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for ITFC said: “The windows have been criminally damaged and we reported it to police.
“The road was closed because we did not want any shards of glass falling on anyone. We will have the cranes coming tomorrow to remove the panes and replace them. The road should be reopened after that.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
If you have any information about the incident, call Pc Stordy at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.