Winds bring rail chaos
HIGH winds have brought chaos to the region's rail network with long delays and bus replacements on many routes.A spokesman for One Railway said: “Trains are running between Liverpool Street and Ipswich but this has been reduced to an hourly service.
HIGH winds have brought chaos to the region's rail network with long delays and bus replacements on many routes.
A spokesman for One Railway said: “Trains are running between Liverpool Street and Ipswich but this has been reduced to an hourly service.
“If people are travelling further north there is a bus replacement service running between Diss and Norwich due to a tree being blown on to the line.”
The Marks Tey to Sudbury line has also been replaced with buses, due to trees on the line, and there are no services running out of Liverpool Street to Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “We have suspended all services from Liverpool Street to Cambridge.
“We would normally run bus replacement services but we understand the weather is causing severe problems on the roads in that area.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
“Other rail providers like London Underground will be honouring our tickets but we are advising customers not to travel unless vital.”