Winehouse denied US visa
TROUBLED singer Amy Winehouse will not be allowed to perform at the Grammy Awards because her US visa application has been rejected.The 24 year-old star - currently in rehab for drug addiction - had been invited to sing at the event on Sunday.
TROUBLED singer Amy Winehouse will not be allowed to perform at the Grammy Awards because her US visa application has been rejected.
The 24 year-old star - currently in rehab for drug addiction - had been invited to sing at the event on Sunday. She has been nominated for six awards.
But the US Embassy in London turned down her application.
A spokesman for the star said: "Amy Winehouse will not be performing at this year's Grammy Awards ceremony.
"Unfortunately, her application for a visa to enter the United States of America has been rejected at this time by the American Embassy in London.
"Amy has been progressing well since entering a rehabilitation clinic two weeks ago and although disappointed with the decision has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 5 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 9 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
"Amy has been treated well and fairly by the embassy staff and thanks everyone for their support in trying to make this happen.
"There will of course be other opportunities and she very much looks forward to visiting America in the near future."