Winners of the 2014 Ipswich Star Bonny Babies competition revealed
- Credit: Archant
Two adorable youngsters have been crowned this year’s Ipswich Star bonniest babies.
Lola Rose Lewis-Oakshott, aged eight months, won bonniest girl, while Alfie Smith, 2, was voted bonniest boy in the competiton which featured over 80 entrants.
Over-the-moon mum of Lola, Kirsten Burgess from Ipswich, said: “It’s really exciting!
“I was in Tower Ramparts, and my mum told me I should take her, so for her to win we are just really pleased.
Lola’s a little poser, she loves having her picture taken!”
Alfie’s proud mum Stacie Collins, also from Ipswich, said: “I can’t believe it, it’s lovely!
“I wanted to enter last year, but I missed it, so it was great for him this year.”
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
The winning prize is a framed canvas of the winning pictures worth £170, as well as a £75 Tower Ramparts shopping voucher and £50 to spend at the Bear Garden, courtesy of Premier Promotions.
The competition attracted 84 entrants, of which 45 were boys and 39 were girls - double the number of entrants from last year.
Competition organiser Debbie Noye, said: “We are delighted with the voting responses and had double the amount of entrants from last year.
“It was lovely to announce the winners for Christmas Eve, and both parents were delighted their child was chosen as bonniest in Ipswich.
“We would also like to thank the sponsors, Premier Promotions, Tower Ramparts and the Bear Garden for their involvement.”