Winners of the 2014 Ipswich Star Bonny Babies competition revealed
- Credit: Archant
Two adorable youngsters have been crowned this year’s Ipswich Star bonniest babies.
Lola Rose Lewis-Oakshott, aged eight months, won bonniest girl, while Alfie Smith, 2, was voted bonniest boy in the competiton which featured over 80 entrants.
Over-the-moon mum of Lola, Kirsten Burgess from Ipswich, said: “It’s really exciting!
“I was in Tower Ramparts, and my mum told me I should take her, so for her to win we are just really pleased.
Lola’s a little poser, she loves having her picture taken!”
You may also want to watch:
Alfie’s proud mum Stacie Collins, also from Ipswich, said: “I can’t believe it, it’s lovely!
“I wanted to enter last year, but I missed it, so it was great for him this year.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
The winning prize is a framed canvas of the winning pictures worth £170, as well as a £75 Tower Ramparts shopping voucher and £50 to spend at the Bear Garden, courtesy of Premier Promotions.
The competition attracted 84 entrants, of which 45 were boys and 39 were girls - double the number of entrants from last year.
Competition organiser Debbie Noye, said: “We are delighted with the voting responses and had double the amount of entrants from last year.
“It was lovely to announce the winners for Christmas Eve, and both parents were delighted their child was chosen as bonniest in Ipswich.
“We would also like to thank the sponsors, Premier Promotions, Tower Ramparts and the Bear Garden for their involvement.”