Witness appeal after teenager mugged near Ipswich fire station
A teenager sustained cuts to his face when he was mugged by a group of three men in Ipswich.
It happened on Boxing Day at around 7pm in Commercial Road near the fire station.
A 16-year-old boy was walking along the street when three men walked past him.
Two of the men then approached him from behind, shouting at the victim and then assaulting him.
The victim’s bag was opened and an amount of cash stolen from within.
Two men ran off towards the third man who had crossed the bridge in West End Road.
The victim sustained cuts to the face.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 'I am so excited': New store owner on his dream come true
- 8 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 9 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 10 When will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk today?
The first offender is described as a white man, aged between 19 and 20, of a slim build, approximately 5ft 8ins tall, had short hair and was wearing a dark coloured coat.
The second is described as a mixed race man, aged in his 20s, around 6ft tall, of a slim build, had afro-styled hair with a ‘top knot’. There is no description of the third.
A man and woman, who were walking a dog, assisted the victim at the time and police are keen to speak to either of them.
To help, call police on 101.