Witness appeal launched by police over Felixstowe lorry overturning on A14
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Police investigating a lorry which overturned in Felixstowe are urging witness to come forward.
Suffolk Constabulary officers were called at 12.25pm on Wednesday to reports that a container lorry had overturned on the A14 eastbound just after the Dock Spur roundabout.
The incident left both lanes on the eastbound carriageway blocked for nearly three and a half hours as emergency services worked at the scene.
The driver – a man in his 40s – was conscious and breathing, but had suffered cuts and bruises.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance for further care.
A crane was required to right the overturned vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are now keen to hear from anyone who witnessed what happened, or has any information about the manner of driving of the lorry in the minutes before it overturned.
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing