Witnesses sought after biker crash
WITNESSES are being sought after a crash on Felixstowe seafront which left a motorcyclist in hospital with serious head injuries.The rider's bike was written off in the collision, which happened outside the leisure centre in Undercliff Road West at the bottom of South Hill.
WITNESSES are being sought after a crash on Felixstowe seafront which left a motorcyclist in hospital with serious head injuries.
The rider's bike was written off in the collision, which happened outside the leisure centre in Undercliff Road West at the bottom of South Hill.
The 25-year-old Felixstowe man's blue and white Suzuki was in collision with a Ford Focus and he was thrown from the bike.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital and then later being transferred to the intensive care unit at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the rider - who has not been named - suffered head injuries which at first were thought to be serious.
However, his condition has since improved - he was now making good progress, is awake and there was expected to be no lasting damage.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 10 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
The spokeswoman added: “Officers investigating the accident are still keen to hear from anyone who may have seen what happened.
“They particularly want to trace the driver of an orange Vauxhall Corsa which was in the area at the time and whose occupants could be potential witnesses to what happened.
“We would also like to speak to anyone else who was in the area and saw either the Focus or the motorcycle before the accident.”
The crash happened at about 5.10pm on Saturday February 21.
Anyone who was in the area around that time is asked to contact Pc Paul Fletcher of the roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
Are you the motorcyclist involved? Contact The Felixstowe news desk on 01394 284109 or email email@example.com