Witnesses sought after biker crash
WITNESSES are being sought after a crash on Felixstowe seafront which left a motorcyclist in hospital with serious head injuries.The rider's bike was written off in the collision, which happened outside the leisure centre in Undercliff Road West at the bottom of South Hill.
WITNESSES are being sought after a crash on Felixstowe seafront which left a motorcyclist in hospital with serious head injuries.
The rider's bike was written off in the collision, which happened outside the leisure centre in Undercliff Road West at the bottom of South Hill.
The 25-year-old Felixstowe man's blue and white Suzuki was in collision with a Ford Focus and he was thrown from the bike.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital and then later being transferred to the intensive care unit at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
A police spokeswoman said the rider - who has not been named - suffered head injuries which at first were thought to be serious.
However, his condition has since improved - he was now making good progress, is awake and there was expected to be no lasting damage.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 6 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
- 10 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
The spokeswoman added: “Officers investigating the accident are still keen to hear from anyone who may have seen what happened.
“They particularly want to trace the driver of an orange Vauxhall Corsa which was in the area at the time and whose occupants could be potential witnesses to what happened.
“We would also like to speak to anyone else who was in the area and saw either the Focus or the motorcycle before the accident.”
The crash happened at about 5.10pm on Saturday February 21.
Anyone who was in the area around that time is asked to contact Pc Paul Fletcher of the roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
Are you the motorcyclist involved? Contact The Felixstowe news desk on 01394 284109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org