Witnesses to Bramford Boxing Day incident in which woman was verbally assaulted urged to come forward
A man walking a Boxer dog in Bramford on Boxing Day is being urged to come forward to assist with police investigations after he was witness to an incident of threatening behaviour.
It follows an incident in which a woman in her 50s was walking in The Street when a dark coloured people carrier pulled up alongside her, sometime between 7.45pm and 8.30pm.
The male driver got out and started talking to the woman, saying he was looking for an address, before becoming verbally abusive towards her.
Alarmed by his behaviour, the woman struck him in the face and it is possible he would have had a noticeable injury as a result.
The man then got back into his vehicle and drove away.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the incident and are asking anyone who may have seen what happened or anyone with information about the man involved to come forward.
It’s known there were a number of people in The Street around this time and police are particularly keen to trace the man who was walking a Boxer dog in the area just after 8pm or anyone else who may have seen what occurred.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Anyone who can help is asked to call DC Phil Smith by calling Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting crime number 23067/15.