Witnesses to Bramford Boxing Day incident in which woman was verbally assaulted urged to come forward
A man walking a Boxer dog in Bramford on Boxing Day is being urged to come forward to assist with police investigations after he was witness to an incident of threatening behaviour.
It follows an incident in which a woman in her 50s was walking in The Street when a dark coloured people carrier pulled up alongside her, sometime between 7.45pm and 8.30pm.
The male driver got out and started talking to the woman, saying he was looking for an address, before becoming verbally abusive towards her.
Alarmed by his behaviour, the woman struck him in the face and it is possible he would have had a noticeable injury as a result.
The man then got back into his vehicle and drove away.
Police are investigating the incident and are asking anyone who may have seen what happened or anyone with information about the man involved to come forward.
It’s known there were a number of people in The Street around this time and police are particularly keen to trace the man who was walking a Boxer dog in the area just after 8pm or anyone else who may have seen what occurred.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 7 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 8 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Ipswich
- 10 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
Anyone who can help is asked to call DC Phil Smith by calling Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting crime number 23067/15.