Woman admits being drunk and disorderly
A 38-YEAR-old must watch her step today after she got drunk at home and was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.Mary Hockley had been drinking at her Felixstowe home on December 13 with her boyfriend, her two daughters and a friend when an altercation broke out.
A 38-YEAR-old must watch her step today after she got drunk at home and was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
Mary Hockley had been drinking at her Felixstowe home on December 13 with her boyfriend, her two daughters and a friend when an altercation broke out.
Her boyfriend and daughter were involved in the altercation and after police were called to intervene Hockley was arrested.
She then spent the night in a cell at the Ipswich police station.
You may also want to watch:
Hockley, of Hall Pond Way, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly when she appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
Margaret Cutts, prosecuting, said: “Police were called to a disturbance at the Hall Pond address. When they arrived a man approached them with cuts on his face.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
“An officer dealt with that and then went to address the defendant and her daughter.
“They were drunk and she (Hockley) was slurring her words.
“The officer wanted to go outside but warned the defendant not to follow. She did and started shouting and swearing.”
At this point Hockley was arrested.
Craig Marchant, mitigating, said: “If this was a case of one woman by herself in the street shouting at a police officer then things would be different.
“But she was in her own home having a drink with her boyfriend.
“She has a volatile relationship with her daughter who came back to live with her recently.
“Her daughter gets angry and damages things and on this occasion got into an altercation with her boyfriend.
“The extent of this woman's problem was leaving the house.”
In court she was given a six-month suspended sentence.