Woman, aged 85, robbed on her doorstep by man in Geneva Road, Ipswich
An 85-year-old woman has been robbed outside her home in Ipswich.
It happened in Geneva Road around 2.20pm yesterday (September 17) when the lady was approaching her doorstep.
She was pushed from behind and her handbag was pulled from her arm by a man who then ran off towards Anglesey Road.
The handbag is described as cream coloured with a pattern on the front and contained a mobile phone, two purses (one small red purse and a larger shiny black purse), both containing cash.
The offender is described as a white man, of a slim build, aged in his mid-twenties, more than 5ft 4in tall and was wearing a white or grey coloured tracksuit with a baseball cap and trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The victim sustained bruising to her hand and body as a result of the incident.
Police are also considering if this incident is linked to an attempted robbery which happened in Bramford Road, in alleyway around 9pm the day before.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
On that occasion a man tried to steal the handbag of a 41-year-old woman.
Police are keen to speak with anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information relating to the incident.
Contact Ipswich CID quoting IC/15/4223 on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.