Teenage woman assaulted after being approached by group of boys in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was assaulted after being approached by a group of young boys in Ipswich.
The assault happened at around 3.30pm yesterday, Tuesday, November 6, on Wellesley Road, close to the railway bridge.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, she was approached by four boys as she was walking.
She said: “One of the boys then assaulted the woman before leaving the scene.
“The boys are thought to be between 10 and 12 years of age. “The main suspect is described as wearing jeans and a jacket and speaking an eastern European language.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the The victim sustained bruises and was ‘very shaken’ by the assault.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who has any information regarding the incident to call 101 quoting reference 37/64532/18.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.