Teenage woman assaulted after being approached by group of boys in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was assaulted after being approached by a group of young boys in Ipswich.
The assault happened at around 3.30pm yesterday, Tuesday, November 6, on Wellesley Road, close to the railway bridge.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, she was approached by four boys as she was walking.
She said: “One of the boys then assaulted the woman before leaving the scene.
“The boys are thought to be between 10 and 12 years of age. “The main suspect is described as wearing jeans and a jacket and speaking an eastern European language.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the The victim sustained bruises and was ‘very shaken’ by the assault.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who has any information regarding the incident to call 101 quoting reference 37/64532/18.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.