Woman attacked at home by intruder
POLICE today appealed for witnesses after a 25-year-old woman was attacked and injured in a robbery in her own home.The woman suffered bruising and was left extremely shaken after being attacked in Blyford Way, Felixstowe, just before 3.
POLICE today appealed for witnesses after a 25-year-old woman was attacked and injured in a robbery in her own home.
The woman suffered bruising and was left extremely shaken after being attacked in Blyford Way, Felixstowe, just before 3.30pm on Saturday.
She had just returned home and was taking items inside when she was pushed over just inside her front door.
A man wearing a black hooded top with a scarf partially over his face pushed past her and then began to search her home. The woman attempted to dial 999 but was again assaulted by the man.
He then fled the property. A pink iPod appear to have been the only item stolen, but damage was also caused inside the premises.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 7 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 10 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
The robber is described as white, of average build, around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 10ins tall. The black hooded top he wore had a logo on one side of the chest and he appeared to be wearing a hat or cap under the hood of his top.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time, who saw the man or knows who he is - they should call Felixstowe CID on 01473 613500.