Woman attacked at knife-point
A 37-YEAR-old woman was attacked at knife-point this morning as she got out of her car in Long Melford.Police are now appealing for information following the attack which happened in Sudbury Road.
A 37-YEAR-old woman was attacked at knife-point this morning as she got out of her car in Long Melford.
Police are now appealing for information following the attack which happened in Sudbury Road.
It was around 8.30am that the woman got out of her car and was approached from behind by a man who grabbed her around the neck and held the knife to her face.
The man did not say anything and within seconds let go of her and ran off in the direction of Long Melford.
He is described as white, 6ft, and wore a white jacket with a hood.
He also wore white tracksuit bottoms and his face was covered with a dark-coloured scarf.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 4 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Sergeant Andrew Mason, from Sudbury police, said: “The woman involved in the incident has understandably been left very shaken by her ordeal.
“The man did not threaten her with words or demand anything from her and the whole incident lasted a number of seconds.
“Officers are working with the woman to obtain a clearer picture of what happened and extensive searches of the area have been conducted this morning to locate the offender.
“At this time of the morning Sudbury Road would have been busy with people making their way to work or on the school run. We are appealing to anyone who may have seen this man,who was wearing distinctive clothing,either prior to or after the incident.”
Anyone who think they may be able to help with police enquiries should contact Pc Michelle French at Sudbury Police on 01284 774300.