Woman burgled as she looks for football
TWO men burgled a woman after telling her they wanted to look for a lost football in her garden.The distraction burglary happened in a bungalow in Wren Avenue, Ipswich, on November 27.
TWO men burgled a woman after telling her they wanted to look for a lost football in her garden.
The distraction burglary happened in a bungalow in Wren Avenue, Ipswich, on November 27.
At around 6.30pm the door bell rang of the 62-year-old's house and when she answered it there was a man asking for help in finding his ball.
The woman got a torch and helped to look in the front garden before realising there was a second man standing behind her.
When the pair left she went upstairs and noticed her bedroom window had been forced and was wide open.
She then discovered her purse, containing bank cards and cash, was missing.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
The first man is described as white, with tanned skin, sideburns, was in late teens to early 20s and was around 5ft 3in.
He was of a slim build, had an Irish accent and was wearing a multi-coloured jumper, a woolly hat in the same pattern and jeans.
The second man was similar to the first but about two inches taller and slightly older.
If anyone has any information to the incident they should contact Dc Debbie Bates at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.