Search

Woman burnt after de-icing bag explodes

PUBLISHED: 13:06 03 January 2002 | UPDATED: 11:06 03 March 2010

A SUFFOLK woman suffered burns and blisters to her face after a microwaveable car de-icing bag exploded in her face today.

It is believed the woman, from Sproughton, near Ipswich, overheated the bag in her microwave, causing the liquid contents to explode upon interaction with the cold.

A SUFFOLK woman suffered burns and blisters to her face after a microwaveable car de-icing bag exploded in her face today.

It is believed the woman, from Sproughton, near Ipswich, overheated the bag in her microwave, causing the liquid contents to explode upon interaction with the cold.

A rapid response paramedic from the East Anglian Ambulance Service arrived on scene at 7.41am, six minutes after the 999 call.

A spokesman for EAAT said: "The woman was treated with a cold mask for facial burns before being taken by ambulance to the Ipswich Hospital.

"She was later transferred by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital burns unit for further treatment."

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists