Woman cut free after cars and bus crash
A WOMAN had to be cut out of her car after a three-vehicle crash involving a bus on the B1077 at Witnesham, near Ipswich.The accident, which on Rose Hill in the village at about 8pm yesterday, involved two cars and a bus.
A MAN had to be cut out of his car after a three-vehicle crash involving a bus on the B1077 at Witnesham, near Ipswich.
The accident, which closed off Rose Hill for three hours from around 8pm yesterday, involved a Fiat Punto, a Toyota Estate, and a single decker bus.
Emergency services were called by someone nearby who heard a loud bang.
Police, ambulance and the fire service attended to deal with the accident and the road was closed while they were on scene.
The three fire crews from Ipswich helped to free a man, who had become trapped in his car.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, but his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 8 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 9 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 10 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
There were no passengers on the 33-seater Beestons bus, which was going from Framlingham to Ipswich town centre, but the driver was left shaken.
A Suffolk Police spokeswoman said: “The bus was in a hedge but the bus driver was not injured. The operations manager for the bus company arrived on the scene. The driver from one of the cars had to be taken to hospital.
“The road was closed while both cars and the bus were recovered.”
The road was finally reopened at 11.15pm.