Woman dies after sea search
INVESTIGATIONS were taking place today after a woman left her clothes in a pile on the beach and walked out into the sea.Earlier witnesses had seen the woman - believed to be in her 40s - sitting on the shore at Old Felixstowe with her head in her hands.
INVESTIGATIONS were taking place today after a woman died after leaving her clothes in a pile on the beach and walking out into the sea.
Earlier witnesses had seen the woman - believed to be in her 40s - sitting on the shore at Old Felixstowe with her head in her hands.
Later they found the pile of clothes on the shingle and a set of car keys but no sign of the woman.
Lifeboats and Coastguards were sent to the scene, along with a search and rescue helicopter from Wattisham.
Emergency services said the woman, who has not been named, was winched aboard the helicopter and flown straight to Ipswich Hospital as she was still showing signs of life, but despite resuscitation attempts she was pronounced dead.
The clothes were about 200 metres from The Dip slipway. Her car was later found in the car park at the junction of Cliff Road and Brackenbury Clifftop - there was a note inside addressed to her family.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
A police spokesman said the coroner had been informed and an inquest would be held.